Experts are saying that in the time of COVID-19, staying in an Airbnb or a rental home might be safer than staying at a hotel. For one, opting for a private vacation rental decreases the times we need to interact with other people. For another, you can be sure that it’s only you and your vacation-mates that are staying in the space, and you don’t need to share a floor with other people.
If you invested in a vacation home or an Airbnb and want to get the word out about it, here are the various effective ways you can promote it.
Partner with digital marketing agencies
If you believe in your product and think that it can become an Instagram favorite and a go-to among those who suffer from wanderlust but you don’t necessarily know how to promote it, then your best bet is to partner with digital marketing firms who will know exactly how to find tenants for your space. Partner with firms that specialize in SEO marketing for hotels so that you know they have experience in helping clients get full booking no matter the season.
Here are the other benefits of enlisting the help of digital marketing specialists:
- Your rental can expand its online reach, and you can be sure that they know the best and most effective practices for marketing vacation spots.
- You can be sure that you’re entrusting the important task of growing revenue to people who know what they’re doing. You would have a team of specialists who can help drive organic traffic, draw new customers to your rental, and increase sales. It will open up more time for you to focus on your other businesses.
- These firms also specialize in online reputation management, so you can be sure that your space maintains a good reputation in every platform you would list your rental in.
Step up your Instagram game
There is nothing like a good Instagram page to awaken customers’ FOMO (fear of missing out). It doesn’t matter how trendy or Instagram-worthy your rental is if it’s not photographed properly. Here are some tips for creating curating an Instagram feed for your rental that would make people want to rent out your space:
- Follow the basic rules for real estate photography. Go for a wide-angle lens so that you can capture wonderful images even in narrow or tight spaces. It can also help make the rental appear bigger and more spacious than it is, which is always a plus.
- If your rental is designed with natural light in mind, maximize that when you take photos of the space. Avoid shooting at night as much as possible. Opt for times when the sunlight is at its peak or during golden hour or blue hour to add some drama to your shots. While there’s nothing inherently wrong with shooting the pace at night, evening photography requires so much more prep and post-processing to look good. Shooting during the daytime is a much safer option.
- Mind your captions. Think of clever words to match the photographs. Don’t forget to incorporate a tone of voice that complements the style of the rental, or the vibe you want the space to evoke.
Partner with influencers
If you want to attract more people to the listing, consider inviting influencers from your area to visit the space. Come up with an x-deal that will allow them to stay for one or two nights, then ask them to post about the rental. Just make sure to partner with influencers who meet the following requirements:
- They have no scandals to their name and are not known for having problematic views. There’s no point partnering with an influencer if said influencer has been canceled or boycotted before; you would only be attracting negative attention to your listing.
- Choose influencers that are known or being respectful and have no rock star complex; the last thing you want is for these young celebrities to get carried away with the partying and cause damage to your property.
- Those who are known for impeccable photography skills are also a plus because then you can be sure that they would only be photographing your rental in a flattering and positive light.
2022 might be a great year to invest in a vacation home that you can rent out. People are craving to be somewhere other than the four walls of their homes, and renting out an Airbnb might be a much-needed escape for people. As long as you market it well, there’s no reason why you can’t find success in this industry.